- 1 box brownie mix (plus, egg, oil etc.)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1/2 cup of strong coffee
- 1 ounce of Kahlua
- Bake brownies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let cool.
- In a bowl over simmering water, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is ribbon-like. Remove from heat and in a medium bowl whisk up the mascarpone to break it up and add air to it. Fold together the egg mixture, whipping cream and mascarpone. Set aside.
- For the syrup, add the coffee and liquor of choice. Stir to combine. To assemble: using a cookie cutter cut out a circle of brownie and layer it into a glass. Pour over a tablespoon or two of coffee syrup and then add a generous scoop of cream. Repeat until the top of the glass is reached finishing with a cream layer. Top with shaved chocolate or a dusting of cocoa powder.