- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar, then add cream and stir well until a smooth caramel is formed. Add a pinch of freshly ground salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa, then eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, flour and walnuts. Mix well and place half the mixture in a cake pan greased with butter.
- Add spoonfuls of caramel, cover with the remaining batter and bake in preheated oven at 350°F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.