- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup and cook, while stirring, over medium heat until it reaches a golden brown caramel color.
- Turn off heat, stir in butter, cream, salt and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Stir in the rice cereal.
- Pour mixture over the brownies, using a spatula to smooth over the top.
- Allow to set almost completely to room temperature for at least 1 to 2 hours.