- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- In a shallow bowl, mix all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Add the milk and butter to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- In another bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast, then add the milk mixture and knead into a ball.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut.
- Place on a cookie sheet and let rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Fry in 350 degree oil until both sides are brown.
- Drain on paper towels, then cut donuts in half and fill with the custard.
- Dip donuts in the glaze and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.
- Broil the top with a kitchen torch.