- Pita bread, fried
- American cheese slices
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsalted, clarified butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clarified butter, melted
- To assemble, place one piece of fried pita bread on a cutting board.
- Top with the burger, American cheese, slices of tomato, spinach and poached egg.
- Dribble spoonfuls of hollandaise sauce over egg, and top with another bun.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley. Mix with your hands and form a patty.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add butter and turn on medium-high heat. Add patty and cook on each side for 4 to 6 minutes. Once done, set aside and keep warm.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water, and add vinegar. Place over medium-high heat until simmering.
- One simmering, crack the egg into the water and allow to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove egg and place in a cup with warm water.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Place a large glass bowl over the water. Add water, lemon juice and egg yolks. Whisk together until streak lines form.
- Whisk in clarified butter. Scrape sides of bowl and set aside.