- 3-4 slices of stale ciabatta bread (or sun-dried ciabatta bread from specialty store)
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- Black pepper
- Honey, to drizzle
- Dissolve salt in water. Dunk bread in salty water for 15-30 seconds, until bubbles emerge around the bread. You want the bread to be pliable but still crisp.
- Break into individual pieces; slices should yield 9-12 pieces, depending on size. Place bread pieces on a tray.
- Spoon ricotta onto 3-4 slices of the bread and spread to cover. Crack fresh black pepper over top to taste. Drizzle with honey.