- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large egg yolks
- Semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Homemade whipped cream
- Crumbled chocolate chip cookies, for topping
- Add the sugar, cornstarch and salt to a large saucepan with a curved bottom; whisk to remove any lumps. Pour in the milk, heavy cream, vanilla bean seeds, vanilla extract and egg yolks, and whisk again until smooth and well mixed.
- Set the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, 6-8 minutes. While whisking, make sure to pay attention to the bottom and sides of the saucepan. Add the semisweet and bittersweet chopped chocolate and stir to melt.
- Pour the now thickened pudding through a fine mesh sieve into a 4-cup measuring cup. Divide the pudding between 4 serving cups. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing against the surface of each pudding to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and set, at least 3 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed chocolate chip cookies and serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE