Loaded Burger Bowl
For the ultimate bun-less burger, turn your patty into a bowl and load it up with all your typical burger fixings.
- 2 pre-made beef burgers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 4 to 6 pickle slices
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 slices cheese of choice
- 4 slices bacon
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- For sauce, as needed:
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat broiler. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out burger patties on the baking sheet. Press an empty can in the middle and press down to make a circular indent. Use fingers to continue to mold into a bowl shape.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Add a scoop of mushroom mixture to the center of each burger. Top with shredded cheese, pickles, a tomato slice and a slice of cheese. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each burger patty, pressing to secure it to the meat.
- Broil burgers for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix shredded lettuce with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and Tabasco. Serve alongside burger bowls.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE