- 3 cupcakes
- White chocolate
- Milk chocolate
- Food coloring
- Desired toppings
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 teaspoon Cointreau
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Place buttercream ingredients in a mixer and mix until combined. Separate into 3 bowls, coloring each with desired food coloring.
- Melt the chocolates by warming over a pan of hot water, and add food coloring to the white chocolate.
- Put the buttercream and chocolate in piping bags.
- Draw a pattern of butterfly's wings with the colored chocolate and trace the features with milk chocolate.
- Draw the body and allow to cool in the refrigerator until hard.
- Spread buttercream on top of the cupcakes, and add your favorite toppings.
- Top with the chilled chocolate butterflies!