- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped sage, plus leaves for garnish
- For the Alfredo sauce: In a large skillet, melt butter. Add flour and stir until a paste forms. Add cream and continue to cook until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- For the filling: In a large bowl, mix ricotta, egg, salt, pepper and chopped sage.
- To assemble: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- On a flat surface, place one squash sheet. Fill with 1 teaspoon ricotta mixture and roll up. Place roll seam side down in casserole dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients until pan is full.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over squash rolls and top with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbling and golden on top.