- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 cups butternut squash (about 1/2 medium-size squash), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1, 16-ounce package linguine, cooked according to package instructions
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley, for serving
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Toss in the sage and cook for 1 more minute. Remove to a small bowl.
- Into the skillet, add the butternut squash, onion and garlic. Saute for 7 minutes, until the squash is beginning to soften. Add chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the heavy cream. Add to a blender and purée until smooth. Add creamy squash mixture back to the pan.
- Add the cooked pasta to the squash mixture and stir until coated. Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, and stir in the pancetta and sage. Plate pasta and sprinkle with more cheese and parsley.