- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and sliced in thin round
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly grated pepper
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 3 tablespoon of Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 8 to 10 sage leaves
- Fresh nutmeg
- 1 pizza dough
- Slice off bottom of squash and save for another use. Peel off skin, and slice into slices, about 1/4 inch think. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let cool.
- Cut onion in quarters, reserve half onion or another use. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and grill. Take off grill and slice. Set aside. Heat grill to medium. Brush grill with oil. Pull pizza dough to form a round shape. Place directly on one side of the grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip dough over and cook for another 5 minutes. Pull dough off with a pizza peel. Spread mascarpone cheese on cooked dough.
- Add grated Parmesan, sliced cook squash, grilled onions, fresh sage, in that order. Top with more shredded Parmesan (you are adding 2 layers of cheese to allow the cheese to adhere all the topping to the dough). Grill cover and let cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove pizza from grill. Sprinkle with sea salt and grated fresh nutmeg. Slice and serve.