Humidity-Proof Gingerbread Cactus Bowl
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup butter
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For assembly:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate rocks
- Cactus cookies
- In a large pot, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted, then remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and spices. Mixture will be stiff so use hands to mix well.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover tightly. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap an oven-safe bowl with foil, then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once dough is cool, roll out to about 1/4 inch thickness and then drape over the prepared bowl. Trim off the excess dough, then bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- If the dough spreads, trim off the excess around the bowl immediately after removing from the oven. Let the bowl cool.
- Fill with graham cracker crumbs, top with chocolate rocks, and insert cactus cookies!
- This dough bakes hard and tough to be structurally sound. If you want a tasty gingerbread to take a bite of, see recipe below!