- Blue-colored cupcakes
- Pink-colored cupcakes
- Vanilla frosting
- White, pink, blue and green candy melts
- Pink and blue sanding sugar
- Place white candy melts into 2 microwave-safe bowls. Place a couple pink candy melts in one bowl and some blue and green candy melts in the other. Melt at 30-second intervals until fully melted. Mixing the colored candy melts with the white candy melts will create pastel colors!
- Sprinkle some pink and blue sanding sugar into the cavities of a gem-shaped chocolate mold. Dollop some pink candy melts into half of cavities and some blue candy melts into the remaining cavities. Spread the melts so that they almost cover the walls of the cavities, then allow the candy melts to harden. Cover the remaining gaps in the walls with the opposite color of candy melts. Allow the candy melts to harden.
- Crumble the blue and pink cupcakes into separate bowls until they are a fine crumb. Add a couple tablespoons of vanilla frosting to each bowl and mix well. The mixture should be sticky and you should be able to shape it into balls.
- Press small balls of cake mix into the cavities, then top with more melted candy melts. Place in the fridge until the candy melts have hardened.
- Unmold and enjoy!