- 15 pieces lollipop chicken
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pcs egg whites
- 4 tablespoons cooking wine
- 6 tablespoons rice flour
- Cooking oil for frying
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 15 pcs calamansi, juiced
- 3 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light chicken stock or water
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed into 2 tablespoons of cold water
- Toss chicken with the soy sauce and cooking wine and set aside for a few minutes.
- Lightly whip the egg whites until just frothy then whisk through the rice flour.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the chicken into the batter and shake off excess.
- Fry the chicken pieces for around six minutes, turning after three minutes, until lightly brown all over. Drain excess oil.
- Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of shredded lettuce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- Bring the sugar, vinegar, calamansi juice, salt and stock to a boil in a small saucepan or clean wok.
- Add the carrot and spring onion and toss until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook for about one minute until thickened.