- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, as preferred
- 3 cups packed kale
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds or toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Red pepper flakes, optional, as preferred
- 1 cauliflower head
- Olive oil, as preferred
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, optional
- Kale pesto
- Crushed walnuts
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Chopped parsley or basil, optional
- Mince garlic in a food processor, then add kale, hemp seeds or toasted walnuts, lemon juice, cheese if using, red pepper flakes if using, salt and pepper.
- Turn on the food processor and gradually drizzle in the oil until your pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed, season to taste and add more oil if needed.
- Finish and set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut cauliflower head into 3 to 4 steaks, and season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper if preferred.
- Cook the cauliflower steaks for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the bottom begins to char.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from heat and plate with kale pesto, chili flakes if desired, chopped parsley or basil, and crushed walnuts. Enjoy!