- 23 oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 340 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Red or pink food coloring
- 9 candy canes, crushed
- Place the oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until fully incorporated. Press this into the bottom of an 8x8 aluminum baking pan and bake at 325F for 10 minutes. Set aside and cool completely.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until incorporated. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, salt, egg and egg yolk and mix well. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls and dye one bowl pink or red.
- Pour the white mixture first, then the colored layer on top. Gently swirl the colors together, then bake at 325F for 40 minutes. While the cheesecake is still warm, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top and gently press into the cheesecake. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then chill in the fridge overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!