- 1 package phyllo sheets, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, ricotta, powdered sugar, cinnamon and chocolate chips. Mix until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream and set aside.
- On a large work surface, lay out 3 sheets of phyllo dough horizontally. Make sure the edges of each sheet overlap by about 1 inch. Brush sheets with butter and lay 3 more on top. Repeat this until you have 4 layers; you will use 12 sheets total.
- Spoon filling vertically along the edge about one inch in. Roll dough up longways like a snake. Roll dough into a spiral shape and place in a greased springform pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and flaky. Allow to cool slightly before releasing from springform.
- Place on a cake stand and dust with powdered sugar and chopped pistachios. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and more pistachios. Enjoy!