- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into half moons
- 6 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Large-flake salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough so it forms a rectangle that measures about 14 inches by 7 inches.
- Brush the entire top surface of the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, chili flakes and granulated garlic. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of fresh mozzarella along the 14-inch side of the dough; do the same with two rows of sliced tomatoes and then a row of fresh basil.
- Drizzle the top of the filling ingredients with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Carefully roll the dough starting from the end with the fresh mozzarella, going towards the basil.
- Once you have rolled a log, flour it lightly to prevent sticking.
- Cut off the ends and slice the log into 8 equally sized pieces.
- Brush a 7-inch cast-iron pan with olive oil, and place the pieces of the pizza roll around the surface.
- Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the pizza dough is browned and fully cooked.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE