- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into half moons
- 6 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Large-flake salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough so it forms a rectangle that measures about 14 inches by 7 inches.
- Brush the entire top surface of the dough with olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano, thyme, chili flakes and granulated garlic. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Place a layer of fresh mozzarella along the 14-inch side of the dough; do the same with two rows of sliced tomatoes and then a row of fresh basil.
- Drizzle the top of the filling ingredients with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Carefully roll the dough starting from the end with the fresh mozzarella, going towards the basil. Once you have rolled a log, flour it lightly to prevent sticking. Cut off the ends and slice the log into 8 equally sized pieces.
- Brush a 7-inch cast-iron pan with olive oil, and place the pieces of the pizza roll around the surface. Place in oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the pizza dough is browned and fully cooked.