- 6 sheets of frozen filo dough 3/4 cup melted butter for brushing
- 2 peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
- The juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of Skor toffee pieces
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Take filo dough out of the freezer and leave to thaw in the fridge or at room temperature for 3 hours. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a bowl and let stand while you prepare the dough.
- Take one sheet of filo and place on a cutting board. Brush gently with a thin layer of melted butter. Layer the second sheet of filo directly on top and butter the top of that one. Continue doing this until you have 6 sheets of buttered filo. Using a knife cut filo into 5 by 5 inch squares, there should be roughly 12 squares. Place your filo square in an individual muffin tin and fill with apple filling.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20minutes until dough is golden. I like eating these treats with vanilla yogurt or the real deal- vanilla ice cream!