- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 cup caramel cream candies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon flake sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions. Add in caramel cream candies and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the salted caramel: Over medium heat, combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan and stir. Remove the spoon and allow to cook without stirring until the sugar is the color of a copper penny, about 10 minutes. While the sugar is cooking, warm the cream, and slowly whisk it in when the sugar is dark enough. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and add the butter and salt.
- For the vanilla whipped cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla bean until stiff peaks form.
- For assembly: Place the brownie round onto a spinning cake-decorating stand. Pipe a circle of whipped cream around the rim. Pour the caramel sauce into the center, up to the line of the buttercream. Place the whipped cream into a pastry bag with a large leaf tip and pipe small, concentric half-circles to mimic the look of a flower. Once finished, serve immediately.