- For the cookie ball mix:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups salted caramel sauce
- For decoration:
- Fall-colored candy melts (3 different tones)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1/4 cup chocolate straws
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs, vanilla and salt until completely incorporated. Scooping a little more than one teaspoon of the mixture, form a hollowed out acorn shape. Fill acorn with a teaspoon of salted caramel. Place a bit more of the cookie mixture on top to seal the caramel inside of the cookie ball. Repeat with remaining cookie mixture and caramel sauce. When all of the mix is formed into acorns, place them in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- Melt about 1 cup of desired candy melt colors in 3 tones: yellow, green and chocolate. Combine each color with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Dip the bottom of each acorn into the candy melt of your choice and place on a sheet tray to set.
- When all of the acorns are dipped, dip the tops of the acorns in the same color candy melt and then dip them immediately into crushed pistachios, sprinkles, or chocolate sprinkles. Dip a chocolate straw into the candy melt and affix it to the top like a stem. Allow to set then serve.