- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (11-ounce) bag caramels
- Salt for finishing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Next, stir in the egg and vanilla, until fully combined. Then stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a cast-iron skillet. Spread 1/2 of the cookie dough on the bottom of the skillet. Place some caramels on top. Flatten the rest of the cookie dough into discs and cover the caramels. Press and pack everything down gently. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until the top and edges are golden brown, and the center is still gooey.
- Serve with melted caramel on top and a light sprinkle of salt.