Mix up your carbonara routine with crunchy bread instead of pasta.
- 1 slice bread
- 1 egg
- 20 grams pancetta
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cream
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- Chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine cream and shredded cheese in a bowl. Season with pepper. Microwave for 20-30 seconds at 600 watts.
- Cut off the crusts off the bread. Spread mayonnaise around the edge of the bread slice and arrange crusts on top.
- Pour the cream mixture onto the center of the bread slice and crack an egg right on top. Arrange pancetta pieces on top and grill or toast for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.