- 4 ounces filet mignon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 3 cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 10 tarragon leaves
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 6 to 10 shaves of Swiss cheese
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon, capers and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice about 6 pieces of filet mignon. Lay out a piece of plastic wrap about 1 foot long, add a piece of the beef, and place another piece of plastic on top of the beef. With a meat mallet or something heavy, gently pound and expand the circumference of the beef. Transfer to a plate, and repeat the process with the remaining pieces.
- On top of the layer of flattened beef, drizzle some of the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Add radish slices and tomatoes; sprinkle salt on each tomato. Add some tarragon and shallots. Top with more dressing, then add shaved cheese. Add another sprinkle of salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining dressing.