- 160 grams flour
- 160 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 (300 grams cups grated carrots (heaping)
- 2/3 (165 milliliters) cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (extra for decorating)
- 1 batch of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 160C (320F) degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and oil together.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Let them mix for a minute or two until there are no dry ingredients showing. Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and add the cinnamon and walnuts. Mix until just combined, Stop the mixer and scrape down. Add the grated carrot until it's mixed evenly.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake tin lined with cupcake liners. Fill 1/2 way. It's important to not over fill these as they have a lot of raising agents in them (bicarb soda and baking powder) and will explode in your oven!
- Bake them for 20-30 min or until a skewer comes out clean. Set them aside on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting
- Line a piping bag with a Wilton 6B French Star Tip and fill with cream cheese frosting. Pipe in a swirl starting in the center of the cupcake. To finish off sprinkle some cinnamon on top and some walnuts.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE