- 2 apples, ripe (Pink Lady, Honeycrisp or your favorite variety)
- 1 stick butter, halved
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- Heavy cream, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make two cartouches (parchment paper lids), one for the bottom of your pan, one for the top.
- Slice apples in half from top to bottom, and core with a melon baller.
- Melt about a teaspoon of butter in an oven-safe pan, then top with a cartouche. Melt the rest of 1/4 cup of butter on top of the cartouche, until starting to foam. Place the apples cut side down, season with salt, and saute a few minutes until apples start to become golden. Add cinnamon and lemon juice, and baste apples. Add the sugar, and stir around and under apples, until starting to caramelize. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, coconut, honey and salt.
- Flip apples over, and fill with nut mixture. Place a small knob of butter on top of each nut mixture. Add apple cider to the pan, mixing into caramel. Place cartouche over the top, and transfer to oven to bake for about 8 to 12 minutes, until fork tender.
- Carefully remove from pan, and serve with a drizzle of heavy cream.