- 7 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- To assemble:
- 7 ounces pork chorizo
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canned, diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add all queso ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and cook, while stirring, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
- Set a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Stretch dough out a little larger than the skillet, and place snugly in the pan being mindful of your fingers. Spread about 1/2 cup queso sauce over the bottom of the pizza. Distribute the cooked chorizo evenly over the queso. Drizzle another 1/4 cup queso over the chorizo and sprinkle with the shredded pepper jack cheese. Dot with green chilIes. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix honey and hot water together. Brush crust with mixture. Slice into wedges and serve.