We're paw-sitive you'll want these adorable cat doughnuts right meow.
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- Food coloring
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a greased doughnut pan. Bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then flip the pan over to remove the doughnuts and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze: Whisk together the whipping cream and vanilla extract. Add the confectioner's sugar and whisk until fully combined. Divide the glaze into as many bowls as you like, depending on the color you'd like your kitties to be. Make sure to dye a small amount black, for the eyes and noses.
- Slice small slits into each doughnut and stick an almond into each slit to look like cake ears. Drizzle the glaze onto the doughnuts, creating spots or stripes as desired. Use a toothpick to draw their faces with the black-colored glaze.
- Allow the glaze to stiffen, about 20 minutes and enjoy!