- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and oven roasted or sauteed in a pan
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Soak cashews in boiling water for 1 hour; drain. Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add garlic and shallots, stirring occasionally until garlic is fragrant and shallots are translucent. Add the coconut milk and riced cauliflower and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer contents of pan to a high-speed blender or food processor, add cashews and blend until smooth. Add ground sage, salt and pepper to taste, and olive oil, if needed, to thin out. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Transfer sauce back to pan along with cooked pasta noodles. Toss together and heat over medium-low for about 1 minute.
- Serve pasta and sauce topped with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.