A savory way to sneak more vegetables into your breakfast.
- For the asparagus carrot rolls:
- 2 large English cucumbers, halved and cored
- 1 cup cooked sushi rice
- 2 medium-sized carrots, julienned into 3-inch pieces
- 2 asparagus stalks, halved lengthwise
- For the dipping sauces:
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- Make the rolls: Cut the ends off the cucumbers and cut into 3-inch pieces. Core and remove the insides of each piece. Using a knife or chopstick, stuff rice into the cucumbers. Fill with veggies as desired and cut into 2-inch rounds once full.
- Make the dipping sauces: In a small bowl, combine mayo and Sriracha. In another bowl, combine rice vinegar and soy sauce. Serve with rolls. Both will keep up to 5 days covered in the fridge.