- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon black tea
- 1/2 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 4 green cardamom pods, crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1 1/4-inch piece fresh ginger
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a small pot over low heat, warm up the cream with the tea, spices and ginger until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Do not boil.
- Pour chai tea mixture through a strainer into a heatproof bowl on a double boiler. Carefully place the chocolate into the chai tea mixture, and stir to melt and combine completely.
- Pour truffle mix into a baking dish and place in freezer until set. Use a spoon to scoop equal portions of truffle, roll into balls, and place on a sheet tray to freeze again.
- For the chai-spiced cocoa powder combine cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and mix.
- Take truffles and roll them in the mix until fully covered.