- 1 ½ cups champagne, decent quality
- 20 ladyfinger biscuits
- 4 egg yolks (from pasteurised eggs)
- 225g mascarpone cheese
- 185ml heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp cocoa powder to dust
- Gold leaf to decorate
- Begin by adding the ladyfinger biscuits on a large baking tray. Pour the champagne over them. Set the tray aside to let the biscuits soak in the champagne.
- To prepare the mascarpone cream, add the egg yolks, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste into a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to beat until the mixture becomes fluffy and goes pale in colour. Add mascarpone cheese and whisk on high speed until well combined. Whisk in the Set aside
- Add cream and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whisk to stiff peaks.
- Add a spatula of whipped cream to the mascarpone mixture and fold in using a spatula. Add the rest of the cream and repeat.
- To finish the tiramisu, add a soaked ladyfinger biscuit on the bottom of your serving cups, then add a layer of cream. Repeat 3 times. Lightly dust with cocoa powder and add some gold leaf on top.