- 3-pound rack of baby back pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon of five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup of Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Rub the five-spice powder all over the ribs then set them aside.
- In a large bowl combine the marinade ingredients then pour the marinade over ribs and rub in. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the ribs, wipe off excess marinade and reserve marinade for later. Prepare baking sheet with foil, cover ribs with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Cut open foil, brush ribs with marinade and roast for another 20 minutes at 450 degrees F. Brush marinade over ribs every 5 minutes. Rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with scallions as garnish.