- 500g vanilla pound cake (store bought)
- 4 tbsp vanilla buttercream frosting (store bought)
- 1 tsp strawberry essence
- 2 drops pink food gel
- 200g purple choc melts
- 200g blue choc melts
- 200g yellow choc melts
- 200g orange choc melts
- 200g pink choc melts
- 1 red edible marker pen
- Add strawberry essence and pink food gel to buttercream and mix until well combined.
- To make cake pops, begin my using clean hands to crush the cake into a large mixing bowl. Add buttercream and mix using a spoon until well combined.
- Add mixture to a 20x15cm cake pan lined with baking paper and chill for 2 hours.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes from the cake pop mixture. Chill.
- While the cake pop hearts are chilling add each individual choc melt to a separate bowl and microwave for 20 seconds at a time each, until smooth.
- Dip the end of a cake pop stick into the chocolate and press firmly into the back of each heart. Chill for 1 hour.
- Carefully dip each cake pop into each different colour. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and allow to set completely before writing your cheeky love messages on top!