- 2 slices ham
- 1 sheet of seaweed
- 4 spring roll wrappers, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 string cheese sticks, each cut into 4 pieces
- Water-soluble potato starch
- Cut the seaweed into stripe and dot patterns.
- Cut small circles out of one slice of ham with the end of a pastry bag tip. Cut the other slice into thin strips.
- Affix seaweed and ham cutouts to the cheese pieces.
- Wrap each cheese piece in a spring roll wrapper. Dip a finger in water and rub on each end of the wrapper, then twist to make wrapped candy shapes.
- In a frying pan, heat oil to 340 degrees F. Fry candies in oil until light brown, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil. Allow to cool, then enjoy!