- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey crumbles, cooked
- For the cheese filling:
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup cooked spinach, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add all cheese filling ingredients until combined. Using one lasagna sheet, place the end of it inside a pepper, covering the bottom. Add a spoonful of sauce followed by some of the ground turkey, then the cheese mixture. Lay the noodle on top of the mixture. Repeat the filling process, and place noodles over the filling in the other directions. You’ll create a zigzag shape with the noodles as you layer.
- Once peppers are full, top with sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Place peppers in a muffin tin so they don’t fall over while baking. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn oven to broil and cook for 5 more minutes. Top peppers with parsley and enjoy!