You've never had a baked dish as rich and creamy as this before.
Cheesy Milt and Miso Gratin
- 300 grams milt (sperm sacs of male cod)
- 100 grams yamaimo (mountain yam), grated
- 80 grams cream
- 20 grams miso
- 50 grams shredded cheese
- Chopped parsley
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt onto the milt and give it a quick massage. Once it starts to become slimy, rinse in cold water. Cut any large pieces with kitchen shears.
- Put milt into a colander over a bowl. Pour hot water over the milt until the flesh shrinks and firms up.
- Transfer milt to a skillet.
- Combine warm cream with miso and mix until dissolved. Add in the grated yam and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture over the milt and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees C. Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.