Connie Cosio's Shrimp Ceviche on Tostaditos
Connie Cosio, chef & owner of Coni'Seafood in Los Angeles, teaches you how to make her favorite shrimp ceviche.
- 2 pounds white shrimp peeled and deveined
- 10 jalapeños, washed, dried, and stems removed
- 10 to 12 limes, divided, plus 4 whole limes for garnish
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 large cucumbers
- 3 medium tomatoes, drained, seeded and diced
- Corn oil, for frying
- Corn tortillas
- First, prepare the Nayarit-style salsa verde: Place the jalapeños into a blender with the lime juice. Puree until blended, and add salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine shrimp, red onion and juice of 5 to 7 limes and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. Add the cucumber, tomato, then stir in the salsa verde. Taste and add salt or a little more lime juice if needed.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut the tortillas into small rounds. Fill a pan halfway up with the corn oil and heat over medium-high heat. Fry the tortillas until crispy and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- To serve, place a tablespoon of ceviche on each toastadito.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE