Chica-dee Chick Steamed Bread
These Tastemade Japan chick-adee steamed bread rolls are almost too cute to eat.
- 1 1/4 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 black sesame seeds
- 24 kernels canned whole corn
- Ketchup, as needed
- Spray an ice cube tray with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add the pancake mix, egg, sugar, milk and vegetable oil. Mix to combine. Pour the batter into the oiled ice cube tray.
- Make faces with the corn kernels and black sesame seeds.
- In a frying pan, add a layer of water and a clean dish towel. Heat until it begins to steam. Place the ice cube tray on top of the towel and cover with a lid. Steam for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, remove from the mold and create the cheeks using ketchup.