- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cob sweet corn, removed from cob
- 8 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 1 can green chiles
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- For the chips: Slice chicken breast into 1/4-inch slices and then into triangles.
- Season with salt, cumin and cayenne. Dredge in seasoned flour, then egg, then crushed tortilla chips.
- Fry in 350 degree oil for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- For the dip: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, saute poblanos, white onion, corn and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add the red enchilada sauce, and green chiles.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes, then add cream cheese and cheddar.
- Transfer to a mini cast-iron pan or other oven-safe serving dish.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro.