- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 French rolls
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dijon mustard to serve
- Lettuce to serve
- Oil for frying
- Season ground chicken with salt and pepper. Divide the mixture into two, and form patties.
- Place one folded slice of Swiss cheese and deli ham in the center of each patty. Fold over the meat to enclose the filling, reshape into a patties, place on tray and chill for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a dish. Pour buttermilk into another dish. Coat each patty in the buttermilk, and then dredge in the flour.
- Deep fry for about 6-8 minutes, or until fully cooked and golden brown. Set aside and place a slice of cheese on each patty.
- To assemble: spread mustard on a sliced roll, add lettuce, and patty.