Chicken Paillard With Grilled Tiramisu
Megan Mitchell takes a houseboat out on Seattle's Lake Union to grill up a delicious chicken and fig dish, and a grilled take on the classic Italian tiramisu.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices of bacon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups of arugula
- 4 figs, halved
- Place chicken breasts between 2 layers of plastic wrap and pound thin, about 1/2 inch thick. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and oil.
- Grill chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and let it rest.
- Lay bacon directly on grill. Let cook until the fat is rendered, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Chop bacon and reserve.
- Slice figs and place cut side down on grill. Cook just until caramelized on one side then flip. In a small bowl, add your arugula, goat cheese, 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette and toss.
- To serve, arrange the chicken on a platter.
- Mound arugula salad on each breast.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Juice from half of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly black pepper
- Mix the vinegar, Dijon, lemon and honey. Slowly add the oil while whisking. Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 pound cake
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 1/2 cup of Mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons of brewed coffee, cold
- 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coffee
- Small chocolate bar
- Slice 4 slices from pound cake about 1/2 inch thick.
- On a low heat, place on grill and heat for 2 minutes each side. Meanwhile in a bowl add mascarpone, 2 tablespoon of brewed coffee, ground coffee, and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Once all mixed add whipped cream and gently fold into cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Take pound cake off of grill. Let rest for 1 -2 minutes to cool. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of brewed coffee and granulated sugar.
- Place one slice of pound cake on each plate. Drizzle some cold-brewed coffee over one side of each sliced pound cake.
- Spread mascarpone mixture over each slice, top with another slice of cake, drizzle with more brewed coffee over the second slice of cake.
- Add a dollop of mascarpone cheese mixture to top. Grate chocolate over the entire layered cake. Serve.
Live classes hosted by top food & beverage pros RSVP HERE