Chicken Piccata With Artichokes
Thin chicken breasts pair perfectly with a delicious artichoke sauce, perfect for topping your fave pasta.
- 1 pound long fusilli pasta, or linguini
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken cutlets, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1, 15 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons small capers, rinsed and drained
- Chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the package directs. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Pour the flour into a shallow dish and season with 1 teaspoon salt. Coat each piece of chicken with the seasoned flour, making sure to shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook on the other side for 3 minutes. Working in batches, repeat with remaining chicken. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To the same pan, add the garlic and artichoke hearts, and sauté just until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the wine and chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest and capers. Reduce the heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer. Add additional salt and pepper if needed, and return the chicken back to the pan to coat with sauce. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 3 minutes to warm through.
- Remove the chicken, whisk in the remaining butter and allow to simmer for about 4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce. Use tongs to evenly coat each noodle with the sauce, adding reserved pasta water if needed. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately alongside the chicken.