Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pounds prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Line a rimmed baking pan with paper towels and a cooling rack.
- Add the panko, spinach, basil, garlic powder, salt and lemon zest to the bowl of a small food processor and pulse until well combined. Place the mixture in a shallow dish.
- In a second shallow bowl, combine the flour, Parmigiano Reggiano, salt and black pepper.
- Place the beaten eggs into a third bowl.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in one piece of prosciutto, tucking any loose ends underneath.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour and cheese mixture, followed by the egg and finally the green panko mixture, making sure to press firmly to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large rimmed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Drain the cooked chicken on the cooling rack, and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction or dip in homemade marinara sauce.