Rice Krispy Chicken Tenders
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 8 ounces ball of fresh mozzarella, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Rice Krispies, crushed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Line a rimmed baking pan with paper towels and a cooling rack.
- Cut a 1-inch slit into each chicken strip and stuff with cheese.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the beaten eggs into a second bowl followed by the Rice Krispies in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then egg and finally the cereal, making sure to press firmly to coat.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large rimmed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, cook the chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Drain the cooked chicken on the cooling rack and sprinkle with kosher salt. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.