- 6 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- Several sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- Mashed potatoes, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pat dry chicken thighs with paper towels.
- Season well with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil and clarified butter in a Dutch oven or deep cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs skin down. Remove once the skins are crispy and golden brown. Set aside in separate bowl.
- Add peeled garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add some thyme leaves and white wine.
- Put the chicken back on the skillet, skin side up.
- Place thyme sprigs over the top and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.