- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To serve:
- Pita, naan, or lafa
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes until fragrant, being careful not to burn it. Pour in the marinara sauce, chipotle in adobo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and oregano. Next, add in the eggplant and stir to combine. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer on medium-low heat for 20 minutes until the eggplant is cooked through.
- When ready to cook the eggs, turn heat to medium-low and crack eggs directly into the sauce. Cover with a tight fitting lid and let cook until desired doneness, or about 10 minutes. Top with cilantro and feta, and serve with pita, naan or lafa!
- 2nd Use for Recipe: Chipotle Moussaka Meat Sauce Ingredients: Sauce from above recipe 2 pounds ground beef 2 tablespoons olive oil Method: Use the same sauce recipe with eggplant (omitting the eggs), and mix in 2 pounds of ground beef that has been browned in a skilled with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Serve over spaghetti, zucchini noodles, sloppy Joe style or over your favorite grain.