Enjoy chewy chocolate chip cookies topped with a chocolate ganache bird's nest and speckled eggs in the center.
EASTER EGG NEST COOKIES
- 200 grams unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 125 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 90 grams granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 470 grams dark chocolate chips
- 110 grams packed brown sugar
- Micro mint leaves
- Cadbury speckled Easter eggs
- Chocolate Ganache
- 400 grams dark cooking chocolate
- 150 milliliters thickened cream (the kind you use for whipping)
- To make Irish cream Chocolate Ganache add your the chocolate and cream to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave it for 20 seconds at a time stirring each time until it's completely melted, combined and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap making sure the wrap sits directly on the chocolate and set aside to cool at room temp until it sets and becomes thick.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or heaping teaspoon, roll the dough between the palm of your hands to form a ball and place onto the prepared baking sheets. Space the dough mounds 2 inches (5 centimeters) apart.
- Bake the cookies, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched, 10-13 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place the ganache into a piping bag and snip the end off. (you may use a small round tip if you want your piping to look neat.) Pipe ganache onto cookie creating a little nest for you Easter eggs. Place little mint leaves into nest to make it look like it's lived in!