- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and kosher salt and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition to make sure the egg is fully incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Pour in the half of flour mixture and mix until just combined, then add the milk. Mix for about 15 seconds then add the remaining flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and scoop into the muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow muffins to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using an apple corer remove the centers of your muffins and fill them with chocolate hazelnut spread. Serve slightly warm.